Tf-msp mailinglist archives

Subject RE: NEWS from TF-MSP: MEETING 9 MAY and CLOUDS INFORMATION
From "Simon Fenton-Jones" <simonfj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:32:06 +1100

Thanks Licia,

Can we start here, http://www.terena.org/social/  as something to talk
through at your next coffee morning @Singel 468 D.

As you say "Maybe you all have these discussions, but it is not immediately
clear to me being an outsider. How can TERENA help?"

You'd imagine I'm an outsider to so many (global) discussions. Thankfully
John, Peter and the rest of the team have been kind enough to put up with
the stones I've been throwing at the Terena glasshouse. But that's only
because I've always seen Terena as the community who the Brussels guys would
come running to eventually. Technically, its members have all their National
flocks of ducks. It's just they haven't 'cherry-picked' the best of them &
lined them up in a sociable European row. And, if they are to be fair to the
waddlers Webbed feet, included a few other foreign breeds.

We've seen John try and bring the 4 Cloudy discussions together. It's the
same with Peter's tf-media and our talk about "Affiliated Communities".
Now that we're beginning to introduce librarians (and their communities)
into this mix, it would be a good time to have a fresh set of well-educated
eyes consider how terena's scribes/cat tamers aren't made "outsiders" to one
another's groups.

I've been pointing a few people at the terena web site. One person who would
help bridge the gap between Terena and its funders is this guy, and he's
been kind enough to recap on his thoughts.
http://mathew.blogactiv.eu/2012/03/13/rtfb-part-i/  His world is bound to be
as alien to yours as terena's members are to his. But that's the gap which
eventually, together, might be bridged.

I've also made a note to Gyongyi on her Facebook account about opening this
group http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=848477&mostPopular=&trk=tyah
and using it as a way to cross-pollinate between a few others who are
LinkedIn to various global professional groups. E.g. http://lnkd.in/3evH_T

OK. That's enough to make the coffee talk a bit interesting. Geez I wish i
could be a fly on the wall.
All the best, si.