Refeds

Subject Re: Input for InCommon's Steward Program
From Peter Schober <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:33:13 +0100

* David Walker <dwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2015-11-09 23:00]:
> We've also discussed tagging an entity as having been registered by a
> Steward (K-12 or otherwise).  This would be needed if we feel that a
> federation that outsources some of its registration functions (rather
> than having employees perform them) should tag those
> outsource-registered entities.

That would have been my question, who'd appear as the registrar (as in
mdrpi:RegistrationInfo/@registrationAuthority) for such entities?

Not sure a different one is even necessary if there in fact exist
contracts between InC and the outsourced registrars (i.e., the
contracting party takes on the same responsibilities and liabilities
as InC) and the registration procedures are in fact the same.

Seems to me any federation has the right to outsource (parts of) its
operations, much like an academic institution or publisher has the
right to outsource the operations of their entities.
-peter