Refeds

Subject New consultations list: consultations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From Nicole Harris <nicole.harris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:47:47 +0000

Dear All

As a community, REFEDS is completely committed to open consultation and consensus building and we are lucky enough to have a wide range of participants that actively contribute to all of our work areas.  We do however appreciate that when consultations are launched this list can be very noisy and the detailed analysis of the consultations may not be relevant for everyone.

As such, we have decided to start a new list dedicated to the consultation process at: consultations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  You can sign up for this list now, or join and leave as appropriate when consultations are announced: https://lists.refeds.org/sympa/arc/consultations

Each consultation will still be announced to this list and the details recorded on the open wiki, but we will ask for discussion to take place on the consultations list.  This has the added benefit of being able to more easily review all of the discussion on any given consultation without interruptions from other threads or announcements.  We will shortly be announcing a consultation around recommendations from the SIRTFI working group as the first consultation to use this process.  A summary report after the consultation will be sent to this list as normal.

You will also note that we are using a new listserv and over the upcoming weeks we will be migrating all of the refeds lists to xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  This will all be managed by us and there is no need for any action from yourselves but the new sympa based system is a big improvement for users in terms of managing lists and reviewing list archives.

If you have any questions or concerns please do let me know!

Best wishes

Nicole
--
Nicole Harris