Refeds

Subject RE: [MACE-Dir] eduPersonSubjectIDGUID
From Paul Caskey <pcaskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:27:15 +0000

To add to this, there were 40+ people in the room. Nobody raised their hand to the first question and only 4 or 5 raised their hand to the 2nd question.

There's another question that I wish I would've asked: Which account do you value more - your google/Facebook acct or your university acct.? I think I know how that one would turn out as well.

TTYL

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Roy [nroy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
To: Jones, Mark B [Mark.B.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxx]; Nate Klingenstein [ndk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]; Cantor, Scott [cantor.2@xxxxxxx]
CC: Eric Goodman [Eric.Goodman@xxxxxxxx]; mace-dir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mace-dir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]; refeds@terena. org (refeds@xxxxxxxxxx) [refeds@xxxxxxxxxx]
Subject: Re: [refeds] [MACE-Dir] eduPersonSubjectIDGUID

I think it's telling that the same people, wearing their IAM hats, really liked the idea of outsourcing authN.  When asked to wear their "you as a person" hat, the same people said "nope."

Outsourcing authentication might make your job easier: when some of us think everyone wants it because it's easy, is it really that _we_ want it because we think it (might) make our jobs easier?  Is this basically our professional lives coloring our perception of what our customers want?

Nick