Refeds

Subject RE: [MACE-Dir] eduPersonSubjectIDGUID
From "Jones, Mark B" <Mark.B.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:01:32 +0000

I think it is the soothsayer in us seeing that change coming but the historian in us knowing that early adopters might get burned.

From: Nick Roy [mailto:nroy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2015 10:48 AM
To: Jones, Mark B <Mark.B.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Nate Klingenstein <ndk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Cantor, Scott <cantor.2@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Eric Goodman <Eric.Goodman@xxxxxxxx>; mace-dir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; refeds@terena. org (refeds@xxxxxxxxxx) <refeds@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [refeds] [MACE-Dir] eduPersonSubjectIDGUID

I think it's telling that the same people, wearing their IAM hats, really liked the idea of outsourcing authN.  When asked to wear their "you as a person" hat, the same people said "nope."

Outsourcing authentication might make your job easier: when some of us think everyone wants it because it's easy, is it really that _we_ want it because we think it (might) make our jobs easier?  Is this basically our professional lives coloring our perception of what our customers want?

Nick