Refeds

Subject Re: VO challenges - article
From David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2015 22:07:31 +0100

On 24/10/2015 21:03, Leif Johansson wrote:

>> The "Nexus Imprint" feature in the phone I should receive in the
>> mail in the next couple weeks has FIDO and Nok-Nok Labs logos all
>> over the press for it.  I'm hopeful this is at least part of the
>> Android ecosystem going forward.  That might pressure others to
>> follow.
>

> FIDO is 2 things. The UAF stuff that nok-nok labs and paypal
> champion and the U2F/FIDO 2.0 stuff that yubico, google and msft run
> with.
>
> Who will win I'll leave as an exercise for the reader.

I think they are not competing but are designed for different markets.
UAF is for smart devices that have FIDO built into them (including
Google's Nexus phone), and U2F is for smart devices that do not (like
current laptops), so they will use a separate dongle/USB stick or
whatever to get the asymmetric key based authentication. It would make
sense for existing web sites that want to strengthen their security to
support both models rather than choose just one of them, otherwise they
risk losing half the market.
regards
David