Refeds

Subject Re: [MACE-Dir] eduPersonSubjectIDGUID
From Nate Klingenstein <ndk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:30:48 +0000

We collect detailed demographic information on job definitions, and if you’ll pardon HTML copypasta, we got:

System administrator
52.6%
10
Applications programmer
15.8%
3
IT management
10.5%
2
Other (please specify)
21.1%
4

We obviously don’t ask people how old they are, but I think it was pretty evenly distributed.  We definitely had many people younger than me, and many older than me.  The skill sets of each have not, in my experience, varied much.  People give experienced technologists far less credit than they deserve.

But, I think that your un-scientific observation probably reflects reality to some meaningful extent.

We really need to get aggressive about collecting data from our memberships.

The term “social identity” was a response to a push from the original OpenID crowd to use the term “user-centric identity”, which was IMHO even less accurate, given that that meant in practice “Google, Facebook, and Twitter centric identity".  I don’t like either term, but the lexicon has become what it is.