Refeds

Subject RE: [MACE-Dir] eduPersonSubjectIDGUID
From "Jones, Mark B" <Mark.B.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:18:35 +0000

One of the most fascinating moments at the last Installfest at UT-Arlington came when Paul Caskey surveyed the room about the use of social identity providers.

He asked whether, as practitioners, we favored leveraging social identities.  There was universal consensus in favor.

He then asked whether, as private individuals, they would prefer using a social identity.  A remarkably small fraction of the class raised their hands, and about half raised their hands to explicitly say that they would prefer to not use a social identity.

[Mark]

I’m curious about the age range of class.  My un-scientific observation is that the younger you are the more trust you have in external credentials.  (I really don’t like the term ‘social identity’)