Refeds

Subject Re: [MACE-Dir] eduPersonSubjectIDGUID
From Nate Klingenstein <ndk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:29:59 +0000

Mads,

Thank you for adding that important information.  I didn’t get to see your presentation first-hand as I haven’t traveled internationally in many years, as other people at Internet2 absorb that duty.  I had to rely on the slide deck and someone’s rendition of it.

Your additional data reinforces Scott’s point about consent, and indicate that it’s not a very pressing use case, and it may be pushed back on the implementation timeline as a result.

It’s never been an important part of my dogma.  In fact, if you do a find for “consent” in the document, you will see that the word appears only once outside of an account linking example.  That’s the instance that I copy and pasted for the lists here: putting more information in service descriptions for those users who do care about consent.

Separately, thank you so much for collecting such solid data and taking the time to correct me when I got it wrong.

Take care,
Nate.