Refeds

Subject Re: [MACE-Dir] eduPersonSubjectIDGUID
From Nate Klingenstein <ndk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 21:33:56 +0000

Brian,

I’m not proposing AAD as the solution (we have a number of issues with AAD which we are pursuing), but I think it’s worth noting what Microsoft is building because it is very broadly adopted and it may have lots of value for problems like the ‘IdP of last resort’.

I agree with most of what you wrote, but to me, I wouldn’t choose to mimic what Microsoft or any other large corporation is doing.  They know how to run available, cheap, and well-advertised services.  I don’t thnk we should try to compete with that; I think we should leverage it in the way that you suggest, and do what we do best: innovate.

The rest of your post actually reinforces to me the importance of differentiating the privacy and distribution that we could accomplish in our implementation.  If we can achieve that vision, we will have something that truly differentiates our solution and a compelling story to tell.

Take care,
Nate.