Refeds

Subject Re: Hide from Discovery now published
From Ian Young <ian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 7 Nov 2014 12:09:56 +0000

> On 7 Nov 2014, at 11:56, Peter Schober <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Some publishers support the UKf's
> <HideFromWAYF xmlns="http://sdss.ac.uk/2006/06/WAYF"/>
> the only prior art in this area, so I guess the UK federation would be
> the natural home for starting this process (adding the REFEDS HfD
> category to current <HideFromWAYF> entities and letting publishers
> know about the migration)?

I was just thinking about that, in fact. I'm going to look into how easy that might be next week. As you know, we don't export our custom element but with most of the UKf IdPs being added to eduGAIN later this month it seems like this would be a good time as it would give a large base of entities to test against.

Likewise, if someone tags any of their interfederated IdPs, please let me know so that I can look into using them as test cases for conversion back to our old system when we import and republish them.

    -- Ian