Refeds

Subject Re: mari plan & next steps
From Leif Johansson <leifj@xxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:34:21 +0100

On 2014-10-29 17:26, Peter Schober wrote:
> * Leif Johansson <leifj@xxxxxxxx> [2014-10-29 15:48]:
>> <RequestedAttribute
>> NameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:meta" Name="foo" />
>>
>> which requests release of the 'foo' attribute, the IdP releases one
>> or more "regular" oid-based attributes on the wire which corresponds
>> to 'foo' according to the accepted practice of the IdP.
>
> Btw, how would that affect REFEDS R&S attribute requirements?
> Would those be changed to speak about the required meta-attributes,
> too, instead of about specific attribute names?

Yep, R&S could (should?) be updated to reflect this

> I'd prefer to keep those attribute requirements concrete, in order to
> stimulate harmonization. (You only satisfy/support REFEDS R&S if you
> request/provide exactly those attribute names.)

This is harmonization after another layer of indirection :-)

> And if so, shoudn't Entity Categories with attribute bundles solve
> that same problem? So we're now going back a step trying to revive
> RequestedAttributes?
> Well, we're not restricted to one only appraoch, I guess.

No attribute bundles will not solve the problem, only call attention to it.

If R&S specifies releasing eduPersonScopedAffiliation and FEIDE doesn't
have that attribute, how will including it in a bundle help FEIDE?

	Cheers Leif