Refeds

Subject Re: mari plan & next steps
From Peter Schober <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:26:59 +0100

* Leif Johansson <leifj@xxxxxxxx> [2014-10-29 15:48]:
> <RequestedAttribute
> NameFormat="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:attrname-format:meta" Name="foo" />
>
> which requests release of the 'foo' attribute, the IdP releases one
> or more "regular" oid-based attributes on the wire which corresponds
> to 'foo' according to the accepted practice of the IdP.

Btw, how would that affect REFEDS R&S attribute requirements?
Would those be changed to speak about the required meta-attributes,
too, instead of about specific attribute names?

I'd prefer to keep those attribute requirements concrete, in order to
stimulate harmonization. (You only satisfy/support REFEDS R&S if you
request/provide exactly those attribute names.)

And if so, shoudn't Entity Categories with attribute bundles solve
that same problem? So we're now going back a step trying to revive
RequestedAttributes?
Well, we're not restricted to one only appraoch, I guess.
-peter