Refeds

Subject Re: Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] mari plan & next steps
From "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2@xxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 15:52:53 +0000

On 10/29/14, 11:49 AM, "Peter Schober" <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>A federation where no IDP can produce eduPersonScopedAffiliation I
>find very curious, indeed. But how would a meta-attribute name give me
>an equivalent for ePSA? Are you saying there's an exact equivalent
>available in Norway, including the same controlled vocabulary for the
>LHS of ePSA, and scope-requirement for the RHS? So basically ePSA
>verbatim, only using another name?
>So I'm not saying it's all good and in harmony, just that I don't it's
>just a mapping problem.

I think some of them are mapping problems, and to the extent that SPs have
attribute mapping and manipulation functions, I think what we're after
here is a way to let them take advantage of that but communicate more
automatically to IdPs and IdP policies what to do that will let those
functions work for now.

I've already implemented a small change to V2's AttributeInMetadata
function that will basically support the idea proposed. It doesn't need to
wait for any decisions on the meta names to use. We have time before we
ship to make sure V3 doesn't lose that feature.

-- Scott