Refeds

Subject Re: [eduGAIN-discuss] mari plan & next steps
From Leif Johansson <leifj@xxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 16:39:27 +0100

> I'd be interested in more (any, really) concrete examples of that kind
> of breakage, to substantiate the claim of the massive scope of that
> problem.  (I'm probaby just lacking that experience, and imagination.)

the nordunet webinar service is a good example:

https://md.nordu.net/metadata/%7Bsha1%7D8854e4c7125335a1a6b3ff9354f4f1b2ba8707af.html

The list of requested attributes is the union of all requested
attributes that is needed by uninett and wayf.

Now what happens if

uninett can send edupersonscopedaffiliation but not eduersonaffiliation
wayf can send eduersonaffiliation but not edupersonscopedaffiliation

My guess is that wayf and uninett decide to ignore required attributes
they can't actually release - or this would never work.

The mari proposal is trying to make that problem a little less egregious.

	Cheers Leif