Refeds

Subject Re: Update to the REFEDS R&S Entity Category
From Tom Scavo <trscavo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:46:23 -0400

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Nicole Harris <harris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At a recent meeting, the REFEDS SC approved changes for a v1.2 of the
> REFEDS R&S Entity Category.  This can be found online
> at:https://wiki.refeds.org/display/ENT/Research+and+Scholarship and the
> results of the consultation at:
> https://wiki.refeds.org/display/CON/Entity+Category+Consultation%3A+Research+and+Scholarship.
>
> You now a have a period of one week (until 17:00 CET on 29th October
> 2014) to make any further comments on this proposal after which time it
> will be ratified and published on the REFEDS website as a v1 ready for
> use by federations. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks Nicole. This looks good to me. One sentence needs clarification, I think:

"By asserting the Entity Category Attribute, a Service Provider claims
that it will not use attributes for purposes that fall outside of the
service definition."

Since an SP does not directly assert the R&S entity attribute, this is
a bit confusing. Can the wording be clarified?

Thanks,

Tom