Refeds

Subject Re: RFC: scoped semantics profile for edupersonEntitlement attribute values.
From Peter Schober <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 15:12:18 +0200

* Peter Schober <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2014-10-16 14:55]:
> In fact the structure needs to be invariant anyway, IMHO, otherwise
> I wouldn't know how to parse a given ePE value.  If you wanted to
> seperate them (I don't see why), I'd suggest creating seperate
> attributes for them.

Actually the fact that you more or less require parsing of the ePE
values for your us case seems to indicate that you want to create a
new attribute for that, instead of re-using ePE.

At least I would find it confusing not knowing from the formal
attribute name whether to treat an attribute value as atomic or
whether I'd have to parse it according to a "standardized" structure.

Or what a failure during parsing might mean: Has the "scoped" ePE
value been constructed in error, or did the issuer send an ePE value
that's perfectly valid according to the eduPerson spec but just isn't
"scoped" according to your proposal?
-peter