Refeds


Subject Re: a draft message to go to REFEDS re: SCHAC OIDs
From Leif Johansson <leifj@xxxxxxxx>
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:00:26 +0200

On 2014-10-13 14:50, Brook Schofield wrote:
> When you say "Original" what time period do you mean? ...and therefore
> for "Update" when do you mean?

Not it hurts more

> 
> I'm looking at 1.4.0 and it has:
> 
> objectIdentifier TERENA 1.3.6.1.4.1.25178 
> 
> objectIdentifier schac TERENA:1
> objectIdentifier schacExperimental schac:0
> objectIdentifier schacObjectClass schac:1
> objectIdentifier schacAttributeType schac:2
> objectIdentifier schacExpObjClass schacExperimental:1
> objectIdentifier schacExpAttr schacExperimental:2
> 
> so therefore "Current" is:
> 
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.0.1 <-- schac experimental object class
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.0.2 <-- schac experimental attrs
> 
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.1 <-- schac object class(es)
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.2 <-- schac attrs
> 
> From all the versions of SCHAC:
> 
> 
>    2 objectIdentifier schac RedIRIS:4.6
>    5 objectIdentifier schac TERENA:1 <-- base of SCHAC changed from v1.1.1 onward
> 
>    7 objectIdentifier schacObjectClass schac:1 <-- good no change here (except for 1.1.1 base)
>    7 objectIdentifier schacAttributeType schac:2
> 
>    2 objectIdentifier schacExperimental schac:0 <-- introduced in 1.4.0 + later
>    2 objectIdentifier schacExpAttr schacExperimental:2
>    2 objectIdentifier schacExpObjClass schacExperimental:1
> 
> 
> so I'm really confused about redefining:
> 
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.1 <-- schac object class(es)
> to:
> “1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.1 - Attributes that have been accepted as official in SCHAC”
> 
> and 
> 
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.2 <-- schac attrs
> to:
> “1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.2 - SCHAC attributes that are being tested or were tested at some point in time.”
> 
> particularly for those that have performed a schema extension within LDAP.
> 
> I'm probably missing something here - I'm either way off base - or very confused.
> 
> -Brook
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On 13 October 2014 12:48, Leif Johansson <leifj@xxxxxxxx
> <mailto:leifj@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> 
> On 2014-10-12 19:32, Heather Flanagan wrote:
> 
>> Hello REFEDS,
> 
>> Several years ago, an error was introduced into the SCHAC OID
>> structure:
> 
>> Original: “1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.2 - Branch for SCHAC LDAP
>> attributes” “1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.1 - Branch for SCHAC LDAP object
>> classes”
> 
>> Update: “1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.2 - SCHAC attributes that are being
>> tested or were tested at some point in time.”
>> “1.3.6.1.4.1.25178.1.1 - Attributes that have been accepted as
>> official in SCHAC”
> 
> 
>> After discussion with the SCHAC editorial board, we are proposing
>> to fix this error and reconcile the URN registry with the original
>> information.
> 
>> Community input is welcome.  If no discussion or argument is heard,
>> we will make this change on November 15, 2014.
> 
>> Heather Flanagan
> 
> 
> My head hurts. Who will get bitten by this: everyone, those have
> deployed current OIDs or nobody at all?
> 
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> ===================================================
> Brook Schofield, TERENA Project Development Officer
> TERENA Secretariat, Singel 468 D, 1017 AW Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> Tel +31 20 530 4488    Fax +31 20 530 4499    Mob +31 65 155 3991
> www.terena.org <http://www.terena.org>