Refeds

Subject RE: revising SWAMID R&S
From Andrew Cormack <Andrew.Cormack@xxxxxx>
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 14:54:04 +0000

Steven
In case it helps. When we start assessing candidates for R&S, as I hope we soon will, I'm expecting to focus on the "research and scholarship" part of the definition when looking at whether the service "is designed for our community" and the "collaboration" part when looking at what the service actually does and whether it needs the additional attributes.

I expect that to make the precise boundary between "scholarship" and "instruction" (both US English terms, so I'm afraid I can't help there!) less important - if it's done collaboratively (so requires users to be identifiable to one another, rather than just to a single admin/teacher) by a service designed for our community's ethics then I'll be happy

Andrew Cormack
Chief Regulatory Adviser, Janet
t: +44 1235 822302
b: https://community.ja.net/blogs/regulatory-developments
Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a not-for-profit company which is
registered in England under No.2881024 and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library
Avenue, Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238