Refeds

Subject Re: revising SWAMID R&S
From Steven Carmody <steven_carmody@xxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 09:54:28 -0400

On 10/9/14 2:51 PM, Leif Johansson wrote:

When SWAMID switched from our own R&E category to REFEDS R&S we did an
automatic conversion and clearly we've gotten at least one entity wrong
namely e5.onthehub.com which falls in scope of SWAMID R&E but not REFEDS
R&S. We'll be fixing this case tomorrow and will check all our other
tagged entities at the same time.

Leif and Hans,

There's currently yet another discussion raging within the InCommon TAC about an SP newly proposed for R&S. A portion of that discussion (but only a portion) centers around whether the term "Scholarship" also includes "instruction". This is particularly a problem for the research universities here in the US because oftentimes work that starts as research quickly crosses the line and is being presented in the classroom.

So, in the interests of feeding the conversation, and because the REFEDS R&S standard is still in flux, could you provide a bit more detail about your reasoning behind this decision ?

Thanks very much !