Refeds

Subject Re: an SP's home federation with respect to R&S
From "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2@xxxxxxx>
Date Tue, 7 Oct 2014 17:26:48 +0000

On 10/7/14, 1:06 PM, "Tom Scavo" <trscavo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I must be missing something then, because that's not at all obvious to
>me. Only one federation can export an entity's metadata to eduGAIN, so
>that federation in effect determines the SP's eligibility for R&S. The
>rest is wasted time and effort, I think.

R&S is something that is consumed by each federation's participants, so
that means all that matters is what shows up in the federation's own
aggregate. Which means you could slap the tag on somebody that doesn't
already have it in the feed, or remove the tag from sombody that does. So
it's a local designation in the end.

>That's true but it doesn't diminish my original question.

No, but it answers it. All the metadata at the end is entirely up to each
federation.

>My original questions still stands: Does each SP have a home
>federation with respect to R&S? If so, how is the home federation
>determined?

No, because the concept doesn't exist. Part of interfederating is dealing
with conflicting metadata. No way around that.

-- Scott