Refeds

Subject Re: (fwd) New version of eduPerson now entering last call
From "Erdos, Marlena" <marlena_erdos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:52:23 +0000

Mark,

> I believe there is a lot of support for harmonizing ePUID with the SWITCH swissEduPersonUniqueID if that helps.

There wasn't this support evident on the most recent Mace-dir call.   One things I raised (which I believe Keith Hazelton is looking into) is "what other  'unique ids' are out there."   My take is that we should see what the spaceof unique ids is before 'harmonizing.'    (Also, during the call I brought up the aspects of the Swiss Unique Id that I found not particularly harmonious with ePUID :-).  But since this is a side topic to thread, I don't think getting into specifics here is useful. (Mark: Please check out the mace-dir minutes when you have a chance....))

Thank you,
Marlena Erdos

Harvard University Information Technology
Innovation & Architecture
Senior Technologist
(Mobile) +1 (617) 872-9736
1033 Mass Ave, 4th Floor