Refeds

Subject RE: (fwd) New version of eduPerson now entering last call
From Mikael Linden <Mikael.Linden@xxxxxx>
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 16:20:32 +0300

>Does email address qualify as personal data in Europe?  IMO ePUID should be
>treated similarly with regard to sharing.

The definition is:
'personal data' shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity;

Email address, ePPN, ePUID or even ePTID is there to identify an end user. It suggests that they all qualify as personal data.

mikael