Refeds

Subject RE: (fwd) New version of eduPerson now entering last call
From Andrew Cormack <Andrew.Cormack@xxxxxx>
Date Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:52:06 +0000

If ePUI has the same prohibition as sePUI, so it's required to be non-transparent, then I'd expect laws to treat them the same as ePTID, as opposed to ePPN which may be directly linkable to a flesh and blood person. Which means there will be more legal variation than for ePPN, but some countries will regard it more favourably.

I'm increasingly unsure whether the new Regulation will help or hinder, by the way, as the positions of the EU Parliament and the Council of Ministers seem to be diverging, rather than converging. Passing the law requires them to agree on a text, so I've no idea where that might land up :(

Incidentally, is 'final call' sufficiently sure that I can update my page on choosing the right identifier? I see that when I wrote it I left space for it!
https://community.ja.net/blogs/regulatory-developments/article/choosing-right-identifier

Cheers

Andrew Cormack
Chief Regulatory Adviser, Janet
t: +44 1235 822302
b: https://community.ja.net/blogs/regulatory-developments
Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024 and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238