Refeds

Subject RE: Similar service like NET+
From "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2@xxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 14:44:22 +0000

> I read the description of the service
> <http://www.internet2.edu/netplus/cloud-services.html>  and I'd like to ask
> the Internet2 colleagues: what does the validation service involves? Is it just
> validating SAML2 authentication or more?

It's orthogonal, actually. It may, and often will not, include even that much technical validation. The criteria right now are largely left to the universities serving as early adopters doing the service validation, and they may have criteria that focus on business issues, cost, etc., or they may include technical criteria. That might involve security issues, IDM and integration issues, both, or neither.

There are some larger universities discussing that "problem" and how it might be addressed. It's fair to say right now that the validation process depends a great deal on the skills of the campus staff involved in the process for any given service.

-- Scott

PS. I shall henceforth refer to NORDUnet as NERDUnet. ;-)