Refeds

Subject Re: Similar service like NET+
From yamaji@xxxxxxxxx
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 20:02:45 +0900

Hi Leif,

** On Wed, 22 May 2013 10:13:42 +0200
** Leif Johansson <leifj@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Mostly it comes down to how your national procurement laws work. For
> instance (despite all talk) most of the actual outcomes of I2 net+
> isn't directly transportable to the EU for this reason.

I think I can understand what you mean. What I want to know is the
similar activity in each country but not the direct importation
from NET+. For instance, negotiating the academic service price with
vendors by using the bundle of universities.

> Instead we run separate rfp-processes, in many cases local to each
> country - the local law differs a bit everywhere - the notable
> exception is nordunet that can procure for all nordic nrens.

Which means that NERDUnet has bundle procurement or brokerage
of cloud service?

> In gn3+ sa7 we are attempting to extend this a bit. We'll se how
> that goes in practice.

I've found a following slide. Is this what you mean?
http://www.terena.org/activities/tf-storage/ws14/slides/20130305-SA7.pdf

Best,
--
Kazu