Refeds

Subject Re: advice on redirect from email for discovery?
From "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2@xxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 16:25:47 +0000

On 5/15/13 12:17 PM, "Peter Schober" <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Also mildly interesting is the fact that this requires more work
>(pointless typing of the left hand side of the scoped identifier) on
>part of the user in order to avoid having to explain what a domain is.

This seems to be the crux, nobody can come up with how to do this other
than email address, which as you note, is not going to get you to your IdP
in most cases today.

>I'm guessing that if they said "email address" (no matter it'd by
>prepended by "organizational") people would enter their private
>non-institutional address.

I think that becomes a very convenient side benefit to these companies.
But if we can't propose something other than email address, that doesn't
leave us much room to criticize unfortunately.

-- Scott