Refeds

Subject Re: advice on redirect from email for discovery?
From David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 16:41:18 +0100

On 15/05/2013 16:21, Cantor, Scott wrote:
I think that is one of the biggest problems, yes. I have always believed
that no matter what harm it may cause, there can be no local login once
you federate. Anything local needs to look the same as a federated option.

the problem is that not all apps use browser based login, so at Kent we have 3 different types of logins that users use (and see)

i) eduroam for the network where nothing is typed most times (zero sign on, except when it fails and you have to start again)
ii) web site login which is Shibboleth and browser based SSO
iii) other app logins which are proprietary and may pop up a pw window e.g Thunderbird

So will Moonshot ABFAB manage to unify all of these?

David

I know why SPs don't accept that, but it doesn't change my answer.

-- Scott