Refeds

Subject Re: entity category work?
From Wolfgang Pempe <pempe@xxxxxx>
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:12:37 +0200

Dear Nicole and all,

Am 26.04.2013 13:23, schrieb Nicole Harris:
Hi All

Has anyone done  any more work on entity categories since I wrote up
this conversation:

https://refeds.terena.org/index.php/Entity_Categories:_Summary_of_attribute_release_requirements?

since the DFN-AAI metadata management system provides support for entity categories only since recently, there's only one entity category in productive use. It is used by an IT infrastructure project[1] to build a virtual sub-federation, implementing both SP- and IdP-side filters based on this entity attribute value.

It's an interesting experience for us as a federation to try out how and to what extend we're able to provide support for such use cases. Currently, this specific category is only available for entities listed on a whitelist maintained by the technical project coordinator and which is consumed by the federation's metadata management system at regular intervals.

We're planning to implement a similar mechanism for supporting the CoC entity category: The PrivacyStatementURLs (SPs only) are regularly harvested and checked for references to the relevant CoC version. Every entity positively checked is added to a list which is used to toggle the availability of the CoC category...

Best,
Wolfgang

[1] http://www.bw-grid.de/en/bwservices/bwidm/

I'm in the process of writing something up for the REFEDS SC and the
next meeting.

Cheers

Nicole

Wolfgang Pempe                         Phone  : +49 711 63314-208
DFN-Verein, Geschäftsstelle Stuttgart  Fax    : +49 711 63314-133
Lindenspürstr.32                       E-Mail : pempe@xxxxxx
D-70176 Stuttgart                      WWW    : http://www.dfn.de