Refeds

Subject Re: entity category work?
From Andrew Cormack <Andrew.Cormack@xxxxxx>
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:21:26 +0000

Tom
Thanks for the update. Does SbA distinguish between services where the benefit to the user is purely commercial (e.g. your software licence example) and those where the benefit was mostly educational (e.g. a site licensed journal)? Or are both eligible?
I can imagine some IdPs wanting to distinguish between those on policy grounds.

I'd hope that the privacy risk of an ARP limited to those two attributes was seen as very low (the original UK federation recommendation was to have that as default). Unfortunately the European authorities seem rather resistant to the idea of providing regulatory incentives to use opaque identifiers ("it's still personal data", at least beyond the UK), so even for just ePTID there's still a bit of a selling job to do :( I'm still working on that.

Cheers
Andrew Cormack
Chief Regulatory Adviser, Janet
t: +44 1235 822200