Refeds

Subject Re: draft charge, refeds working group on attribute release
From Ingrid Melve <ingrid.melve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:09:39 +0200

On 11.07.2011 14:13, Andrew Cormack wrote:
> Further to my last mail, I've now done a very crude mock-up of a possible attribute release notice. Visual appeal is minimal, but I hope it makes clearer what I'm trying to get at.
> http://webmedia.company.ja.net/edlabblogs/regulatory-developments/2011/07/11/explaining-attribute-release/
>
> Comments welcome, either on the blog or here

To see a demo of what we have operational, go to
 http://www.feide.no/demo-english

Consent/release information pops up the first time you log in, and is
then saved. Any user may go to the portal and remove consent, but this
requires knowing where to go - and is rarely done in practice. Having
the portal displaying the information transferred is mostly used when
there is a problem with authorization or authentication, to help us
pinpoint if the problem is related to the attributes or the login itself.

Ingrid
 PS: I realize that we might have to change some of the wording for
"consent", after the discussion on the list, but that is a longer term
policy discussion with our local Privacy Commissioner and not something
to do while I am on vacation...