Refeds

Subject Re: The Most Important Attribute
From Rhys Smith <smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:11:01 +0100

On 7 Jul 2011, at 11:53, David Chadwick wrote:

> On 06/07/2011 21:31, Rhys Smith wrote:

>>> So you're advocating removing any kind of getting consent from the
>>> user? (when implemented, it's one of the most visible and complex
>>> parts of the process from a UI perspective...)
>>
>> Just replying to myself here, don't mind me...
>>
>> I was being flippant, but there is an important point to make.
>>
>> The only good UI is one that doesn't interact with the user and
>> presents no interface. Transparent is simple. Currently there is no
>> consent, which is as invisible and simple as it gets.
>
> How about zero click shopping?
> Yes, we have implemented this, which is one up on Amazon

There is no such thing as zero click shopping. You have to click to initially set it up. Whether the UI is just in time, or ahead of schedule (the I want to set up one click shopping page, the here's my delivery address page, here's my credit card page, please remember them all) - there's still a UI somewhere.

R.
Dr Rhys Smith                                   e: smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Engineering Consultant: Identity & Access Management  (GPG:0xDE2F024C)
Information Services,
Cardiff University,                            t: +44 (0) 29 2087 0126
39-41 Park Place, Cardiff,                     f: +44 (0) 29 2087 4285
CF10 3BB, United Kingdom.                      m: +44 (0) 7968 087 821