Refeds

Subject Re: The Most Important Attribute
From David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 20:57:20 +0100

On 06/07/2011 16:03, Cantor, Scott E. wrote:

Credit cards are a great example of federation behind the scenes,

which is what we should be trying to engineer (ie. remove as much visibility and complexity from the user as possible). At a recent JISC meeting in Birmingham users were already saying that Shibboleth is too hard to use, so they are not including it into their VREs. So we have to try to hide as much as possible from the users if we want them to use it, or make the benefits much greater so that they will be willing to try. This is a tough nut to crack, but it should not stop us trying

regards

David

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
School of Computing, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184