Refeds

Subject Re: draft charge, refeds working group on attribute release
From David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:19:29 +0100

Hi Nicole

from your previous email, you seem to think that there is a difference
between LoA 1 and LoA 0, but there isnt. Zero does not exist in the NIST
scheme and 1 is equivalent to zero. Therefore if a university only
offers LoA 1 it is at the same assurance level that Facebook, Google,
OpenID etc. offer (until finer granularity is added to the scheme, which
I have been arguing for for ages, but we are not there yet).

I am arguing that universities ought to be able to do better than zero
assurance, in order to add more value to their assertions, and I believe
that the majority of the UK IdPs already do. Therefore the bar ought to
be raised to this level for all IdPs. This level is level 2, and it is
not as onerous as I think you think it is.

regards

David