Refeds

Subject Re: draft charge, refeds working group on attribute release
From Licia Florio <florio@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:23:42 +0200

Hi Nicole,

> However, if our 864 members want to go and procure services elsewhere that is absolutely fine by us.
> It would free up service money to be spent elsewhere.  The JISC Portfolio review process is there to make sure we only offer people the services they want.
> If there is service level demand for your service, I'm sure it will be considered via the same channels.

Maybe this would be JISC's position (assuming you are now talking for
JISC), but I'm not sure all NRENs would have an equal casual approach if
all their members would start getting their services elsewhere ;)

I agree that you want to start offering services that satisfy the
majority of the users, but I think NRENs should try and address the
requirements of all their user-groups. It may not be possible to offer
services to all user-groups (maybe it turns out that some groups can be
better served elsewhere), but I would rather see this statement as a
conclusion than as a starting point.

cheers,
Licia