Refeds

Subject Re: draft charge, refeds working group on attribute release
From "Cantor, Scott E." <cantor.2@xxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:28:20 +0000

On 7/1/11 5:09 PM, "John Bradley" <ve7jtb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I don't know that there is any technical solution that will make everyone
>happy.

Re-doing work I've already done just isn't a great use of resources that
are very limited to begin with. Google can do that kind of thing, but I
can't. I'm suggesting that we try and solve the invariant problems that
will be there regardless.

>Dynamic attribute release consent etc have found there way into openID /
>UMA / OAuth because they are newer and less enterprise focused.

I believe it's because there was no expectation of trusting the RPs (you
have to punt it to the user), and because *there are fewer IdPs*.  When
you have fewer cats to herd, you can make more complex things happen more
quickly.

-- Scott