Refeds

Subject Re: draft charge, refeds working group on attribute release
From "Leif Johansson" <leifj@xxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 1 Jul 2011 19:11:15 +0200

Hmm, I seem to have missed a point about consent versus informing:
Informing the user happens after the data release. Not before.
Therefore is a mistake is to say that is it not consent, when the user can actually opt out of the transaction.

Yes you are indeed missing a crucial point: when we tal k about consent we actually talk about free and informed consent. It isn't free if the transactiom is (say) required in order to pass an exam.