Refeds

Subject RE: draft charge, refeds working group on attribute release
From "Glenn Wearen" <glenn.wearen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 1 Jul 2011 14:08:46 +0100

I took a look at the Refeds wiki, this is how I interpret the statements
each federation has made about consent.

Consent recommended			3
No policy 					4
consent mandatory unless where 'necessary' 15

I wasn't sure which of the above SIR falls into.

Note that consent is mandatory in some federations even where the necessity
clause could be relied upon or the data contains non-PII

I'm not aware of any federation that polices mandatory consent.

Maybe the wiki should be a multi-select;
1 Consent Recommended for all attributes
2 Consent Recommended for some attributes
3 Consent Recommended for any  attributes not covered by necessity
4 Consent Mandatory for all attributes
5 Consent Mandatory for some attributes
6 Consent Mandatory for any attributes not covered by necessity
7 Consent is neither recommended nor mandatory
8 User must be provided a link to SP privacy statement
9 User must be provided a link by IdP list of necessary SPs

Regards
Glenn

HEAnet Ltd. Ireland's Education and Research Network
Registered in Ireland, no 275301.
5 Georges Dock, I.F.S.C. Dublin 1, Ireland. Tel +353 1 6609040.
Availability...
Keep up to date on with Edugate developments on edugate.ie