Refeds

Subject Re: draft charge, refeds working group on attribute release
From Nicole Harris <nicole.harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 1 Jul 2011 14:05:09 +0100

I don't think that anyone sees federations as a solved problem.

I'd say the best way to prove a compelling case is getting it working in the here and now.  If we can't provide effective attribute release to our current customers in fairly easy scenarios we have to be careful about aspiring to solve more complex problems.

Trying to get this problem back on track, I think that a working group should start by looking at improving attribute release for some of the major common service providers we currently have.  What can we do to improve attribute release for some of our current big players.

We can then listen to the use cases presented to us by people like Clarin and see if there are ways that we can actually manage them without

Thirdly I think we can use the EU AAA study as a way to look at use cases that might exist that we can support in the e-science space.

I just want to make sure we are looking at the pragmatic at the short-term as I think the best way you can 'sell' something is by doing it exceptionally well for our current userbase.

Can we start synthesising this conversation in to some pragmatic actions for Steven's working group please?