Refeds

Subject Re: draft charge, refeds working group on attribute release
From Tom Scavo <trscavo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 1 Jul 2011 08:47:26 -0400 (EDT)

> The MDUI spec brings a nice solution: <mdui:PrivacyStatementURL>,
> which is a link to the SP's privacy policy in the SP's metadata.
> The IdP's consent module can pick the URL and show it to the user
> when s/he consents or becomes informed on the attribute release.
>
> That way the IdP can be sure the legal obligation to inform the user
> gets covered.

+1

Russ Beall from USC gave a demo at the Spring 2011 Internet2 Member Meeting that emphasizes the use of the <mdui:PrivacyStatementURL> element:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/InCCollaborate/uApprove+Early+Adopters

InCommon places a lot of value in this metadata element. We will do what we can to encourage its use.

Tom