Refeds

Subject Re: Future of Identity in the Information Society
From "Diego R. Lopez" <diego.lopez@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 00:00:16 +0200

Hi,

On 22 Jul 2010, at 15:04, Klaas Wierenga wrote:
I came across:

http://www.fidis.net/home/

and was wondering if anyone of you is familiar with this project

There was a meeting a few years ago to which I was invited
to make a presentation on the academic way to digital identity. I
introduced academic federations, eduroam, the then starting eduGAIN.
TACAR, EMC2, the Cotwsolds group (that somehow gave birth to REFEDS)...

My impression was that there were attempting to build a lobby to influence
the Commission policies and that they had ideas aligned to what we were
building by that moment, but nothing happened beyond that meeting. Looking
at the website, I'd say they are in the same business...

Be goode,

Dr Diego R. Lopez

Red.es - RedIRIS
The Spanish NREN