Refeds

Subject RE: SAML 2.0 conformance test for an open source offering
From "Scott Cantor" <cantor.2@xxxxxxx>
Date Wed, 7 Jul 2010 17:39:13 -0400

> Just for my informaton, what was the reason for allowing 'just' one
> opensource product?

Limiting the "affront" to commercial products that have to pay, basically,
complicated by the fact that some of those products have open source
versions also. Otherwise they probably would allow any open source products
to do it for free.

> And what would be the cost of getting the
> predominant products used in highered into this testbed?

It's been on the order of $15,000 or so in the past.

The real cost is time (usually on the part of the actual developers, whose
time is limited and valuable), and there's the question of the value. Who in
this community cares? Nobody that I've ever talked with.

My motivation behind collaborating with Kantara is to get the commercial
products to stop sucking, not to prove we don't.

-- Scott