Refeds

Subject RE: affiliate student?
From Mikael Linden <Mikael.Linden@xxxxxx>
Date Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:53:50 +0300

Hi Andrew,

>My appeal at TNC for use cases that required differentiation between
>"student" and the various flavours of "faculty/staff/employee" hasn't
>revealed any, so I'm dropping those for now.

My discussions with research communities (Linguistics, bioinformatics...)
seem to propose that certain research databases (e.g. genetic data) are
intended only for researchers, not for students. I have an impression that
cross-national access to research data [1] may even become the killer app
for confederations.

Of course, this opens a can of worms of semantics of a researcher...

Cheers,
Mikael

[1] http://www.e-irg.eu/images/stories/e-irg_dmtf_report_final.pdf