Refeds

Subject Re: Thomson "ISI Web of Knowledge"
From David Simonsen <david@xxxxxxx>
Date Tue, 6 Jul 2010 12:05:17 +0200

On Jun 21, 2010, at 4:16 PM, Peter Schober wrote:
Can anyone supply me with contact details etc. used when
federating with Thomson Reuter's "ISI Web of Knowledge"?

We talked with Nicolas Espeche, nicolas.espeche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in March 2009 (!).
No news since then :(

(Not keen on waiting for interfederation to solve this.
We'll add to the n+1 federation problem for this RP in the meantime.)

When accessing WoK from outside our institutional network one can see
they're already SAML-enabled (and need a new way to express that ;)

 NOTICE: Your IP address has not been recognized.
 Please try these alternative access methods:

 Shibboleth users - log in via your institution's Shibboleth authentication

 Athens users - log in via your institution's Athens authentication

The following federations (or "federations") are offered:

 Select your group or region
 * UK Federation
 * Swiss Higher Education & Research (SWITCHaai)
 * Federation of Spain by FECYT
 * Romanian Federation
 * Japanese Research and Education (UPKI-Fed)
 * Italian Higher Education & Research (IDEM)
 * German Higher Education and Research (DFN-AAI)
 * RCTSaai Portuguese Federation
 * Czech academic identity federation eduID.cz

(Note, this is the first time I've seen mention of a Romanian
Federation, which seems to point to a Shib IdP at "POLITEHNICA
University of Bucharest".

Good news!

Anyone else know more about the status quo in .ro?

No, unfortunately not.

Also FECYT and not SIR?)

From the entries for this SP (https://sp.tshhosting.com/shibboleth) in
the UK and CH metadata they are still using SAML1.1 (or Shib profile).
Anyone else interested in trying to get them to also support SAML2?
(I have very little hope in this regard.)

Please count WAYF in here.

/David