Refeds

Subject Re: affiliate student?
From Nicole Harris <n.harris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 10:41:07 +0100

In an ideal world ;-)  Unfortunately I'm dealing with publishers who put stupid clauses in their licenses and then refuse to accept anything but the most basic attributes to manage them.  Sigh.

Scott Cantor wrote:
Is it not possible for a RP to ignore qualifiers unless they know
what they mean and actually care?  In other words (pardon my awkward
syntax ;-))

The awkward syntax, which is really just pseudo-XML, is the problem. People
seem to insist on using simple strings for everything, and that doesn't
really allow for more than one "adjective" or qualifier. Scope is really
just an example of one of those qualifiers, and we had to stop insisting on
separating it from the value to get people to implement it properly.

SIA if this is a silly idea.

I think it's a fine idea, but I seem to be in a minority of programmers.

-- Scott