Refeds

Subject RE: affiliate student?
From "David L. Wasley" <dlwasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date Sat, 3 Jul 2010 12:49:22 -0700

I keep being bothered by an ever expanding "flat" attribute space. Adjectives were invented for a reason.

Is it not possible for a RP to ignore qualifiers unless they know what they mean and actually care? In other words (pardon my awkward syntax ;-))

	<student>
		<program=bachelor|master|licentiate|doctor|other-degree|...>
		<affiliation=local|visiting|guest|for_credit|...>
		<status=in_residence|on_leave|studying_elsewhere|...>
		<...>
	</student>

where all adjectives are optional or may be present and may be ignored, etc.

SIA if this is a silly idea.

	David

-----