Refeds

Subject RE: affiliate student?
From Mikael Linden <Mikael.Linden@xxxxxx>
Date Sat, 3 Jul 2010 21:50:05 +0300

Hi,

On 2 Jul 2010, at 14:30, Nicole Harris wrote:

> I'm following on a discussion that happened at a shib event in the
> UK yesterday.  Does anyone have any sort of vocabulary in their
> attribute definitions that describes an affiliated student?  This
> may be a student from another institution only studying on one
> course at your institution and not entitled to 'student' or 'member'
> scopedaffiliation values.  This assumes affiliate as a value is only
> used for affiliated staff.
>
> Anyone specifically looking at that group?  Any demand for it?

We give "student" affiliation value also to visiting/exchange students
(=students who are going to include the credit units in their degree in
another domestic/foreign university). The student administration people
convinced us that the agreements require that they are treated
equally to degree students.

Additionally, we have a more fine grained attribute
funetEduPersonStudentCategory  where visiting and exchange students have a
value of their own: bachelor, master, licentiate, doctor, other-degree, visiting-student,
exchange-student, qualifying-studies, further-education, open-university, other
The semantics are defined in the schema:
http://www.csc.fi/hallinto/haka/tekniikka/funeteduperson-skeema/fep_2.1.pdf
So far there has been little use for it.

mikael