Refeds

Subject EC consulting on data protection
From Andrew Cormack <Andrew.Cormack@xxxxxx>
Date Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:16:25 +0000

I was at a meeting in Brussels yesterday, providing input to the Commission for their revision of the Data Protection Directive. Since it covered a lot of areas we have tripped over - (lack of) harmonisation, international transfers, data minimisation - I hope my write-up might be of interest.

http://webmedia.company.ja.net/edlabblogs/regulatory-developments/2010/07/02/data-protection-directive-meeting/

I was particularly interested to hear that although we may be at the leading edge of Federated Access Management, we're definitely not the only ones stress-testing the law in this area!

Cheers

Andrew Cormack, Chief Regulatory Adviser
JANET(UK), Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Didcot, OX11 0SG, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1235 822302
Fax: +44 (0) 1235 822399

JANET, the UK's education and research network