Refeds

Subject RE: Thomson "ISI Web of Knowledge"
From "Glenn Wearen" <glenn.wearen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:34:12 +0100

Hi Peter,
Count me on your list of federations who want WoK to support SAML2.
Regards

Glenn Wearen
HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1
Registered in Ireland, no 275301
tel: +353-1-660 9040  fax: +353-1-660 3666
web: http://www.heanet.ie/
availability: http://people.heanet.ie/~gwearen

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Schober [mailto:peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 June 2010 15:17
To: refeds@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [refeds] Thomson "ISI Web of Knowledge"

Can anyone supply me with contact details etc. used when
federating with Thomson Reuter's "ISI Web of Knowledge"?
(Not keen on waiting for interfederation to solve this.
We'll add to the n+1 federation problem for this RP in the meantime.)

When accessing WoK from outside our institutional network one can see
they're already SAML-enabled (and need a new way to express that ;)

  NOTICE: Your IP address has not been recognized.
  Please try these alternative access methods:

  Shibboleth users - log in via your institution's Shibboleth
  authentication

  Athens users - log in via your institution's Athens authentication

The following federations (or "federations") are offered:

  Select your group or region
  * UK Federation
  * Swiss Higher Education & Research (SWITCHaai)
  * Federation of Spain by FECYT
  * Romanian Federation
  * Japanese Research and Education (UPKI-Fed)
  * Italian Higher Education & Research (IDEM)
  * German Higher Education and Research (DFN-AAI)
  * RCTSaai Portuguese Federation
  * Czech academic identity federation eduID.cz

(Note, this is the first time I've seen mention of a Romanian
Federation, which seems to point to a Shib IdP at "POLITEHNICA
University of Bucharest". Anyone else know more about the status quo
in .ro?  Also FECYT and not SIR?)

>From the entries for this SP (https://sp.tshhosting.com/shibboleth) in
the UK and CH metadata they are still using SAML1.1 (or Shib profile).
Anyone else interested in trying to get them to also support SAML2?
(I have very little hope in this regard.)

cheers,
-peter