Refeds

Subject Re: Work Items discussed during the REFEDs meeting
From "Diego R. Lopez" <diego.lopez@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 18:31:16 +0200

On 10 Jun 2010, at 16:51, Steven Carmody wrote:
I think my favorite EZP "extended functionality" is -- if it determines that the Service Provider is SAML-enabled, EZP can perform some regex jujutsu on the target URL, redirecting the browser user to an endpoint at the SP that can bypass the WAYF, choose a protocol shared by the SP and IDP, initiate a standard authentication sequence using that protocol, and finally redirect the user to the desired deep link (usually generated by a link resolver before handing the user off to EZP). With the Shibboleth SP, this special endpoint is known as a sessionInitiator. EZP allows a campus to make this whole process transparent to the browser user.

This is precisely the kind of behavior that the combination of SFX, SIR and PAPI proxies achieve in the
institutions I mentioned...

Be goode,

Dr Diego R. Lopez

Red.es - RedIRIS